- Load materials onto vehicles and install banding/strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage.
- Moves freight, stock, and other materials from the warehouse to the production areas, loading docks, and delivery vehicles.
- Stocks incoming freight neatly in appropriate locations and under cover as needed.
- Ensures all incoming yard stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access, safety and loss control.
- Maintains yard and warehouse areas, keeping swept, organized, clean and hazard free.
- Other duties as assigned.
Important Attributes and Knowledge
- General knowledge of lumber yard merchandise and location.
- Individuals should be able to handle tasks efficiently with the ability to set priorities and meet established objectives.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment are required.
- Positive attitude and communication style.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 18+ years of age
- Forklift certification
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation / Weekends Off
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical Insurance
Dearborn Lumber Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply, please email resume to: Sales@AlkiLumber.com